- December 2009 -- Christmas Break .
- November 15 . -- Judy Nanke will give a case study on locating information on a verteran who gave his life in service and will lead to a discussion of places one might search for veterans' information.
- October 18 . Marlys Ankrum spoke on Linking Generations. She shared research methodogy covered at a DAR workshop in Washington, DC.
- October 9-10 . IGS Annual Conference, Friday and Sat., Des Moines
- September 20 . Dennis Laverty on writing family stories.
- June-July-Aug . Summer break.
- June 13. Research day at IGS 9:00am to 5:00pm. Contact Merrill Price for a ride.
- May 17 . Merrill Price gave a presentation on the Family Maps series of land patent books.
- April 19 . Judy Nanke will lead a forms review which will include information about basic pedigree charts and family group sheets for those new to genealogy. A variety of other forms, checklists, worksheets, and charts which any genealogist might use as research will be shown as well. There will be an open forum time
for sharing information or asking questions relating to personal research procedures or problems.
- March 16 . Fran Brewster will present how she uses a "genealogy wall" to organize and display the results of her family history research.
- February 15 . Marlys Ankrum will discuss resources of the DAR Library in Washington, D.C..
- January 18 . Judy Nanke will advise on using the World War I draft cards with information on 24 million men born between Sept 12, 1872
and Sept 2, 1900.
All interested people are welcome to attend the meeting and program.
|Officers Elect for 2009 - 2010
: ||Area 641||E-mail|
|Secretary ||Pauline Smith||
|Treasurer ||Brad Braga||753-0000
||Dan Brandt ||753-9740
CIGS is affiliated with :
Other Announcement Media.
KFJB Community Calendar, PO Box 698 , Marshalltown, IA 50158
Marshalltown Calendar of events -- http://www.visitmarshalltown.com/calendar/month.php
Times-Republican Central Iowa Submit Press Releases
About this Page : C I G S -- Central Iowa Genealogical Society home page.
Link to CIGS Lib Home _
Last updated on November 19, 2009.
Send comments to